Philips HeartStart XL Defibrillator – Monitor
The Philips HeartStart XL Defibrillator is an easy-to-use, compact, lightweight defibrillator with monitor and AED capabilities for ALS and BLS clinicians. It is designed to meet a wide variety of defibrillation and monitoring needs in one portable device.
At just under 14 pounds, the HeartStart XL is easily transported throughout the hospital to the site where cardiac care is needed. A combination manual device with automated external defibrillator capabilities, HeartStart XL enables the first caregiver on the scene, whether an ALS or BLS clinician, to deliver potentially lifesaving defibrillation therapy.
In AED mode, voice prompts and text messages guide BLS users through the defibrillation process, while the HeartStart XL continuously monitors and displays the patient’s ECG.
Upon the arrival of ALS personnel, the Philips HeartStart XL Defibrillator is easily switched from AED to manual mode, allowing operators to access the unit’s advanced therapeutic features such as selectable energy (from 2 to 200 Joules), non-invasive pacing (optional), SpO2 (optional) and synchronized cardioversion.
Philips HeartStart XL Defibrillator Features
- SMART Biphasic waveform for defibrillation therapy
- ECG monitoring through pads and separate monitoring electrodes
- Alarms on HR limits and shockable rhythms
- Synchronized Cardioversion
- Selectable limits and alarms
- Manual and AED operation
- Built-in 50 mm strip chart printer
- Bright Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) display for viewing waveforms and messages
- Internally stored event summary which may be printed
- Voice prompts in AED mode
- Adjustable ECG size
- Adjustable volume
- Setup mode, automatic self-tests and error handling
- Integrated AC power
SMART Biphasic Technology
Philips HeartStart XL Defibrillator has SMART Biphasic waveform which is clinically proven superior to high-energy, monophasic waveforms for efficacy and for minimizing post-defibrillation heart dysfunction.
- Impedance Compensation. Measures chest impedance and delivers a low energy shock based on patient’s unique physical requirements
- Quick Charging. Charges to highest energy level, 200 Joules, in less than 3 seconds
- Synchronized Cardioversion. Philips’ SMART Biphasic waveform has undergone clinical testing, demonstrating its effectiveness for cardioversion of atrial fibrillation
Easy to Use
- 1-2-3 Operation with the Philips HeartStart XL Defibrillator. Defibrillation is intuitive for all users
- AED Mode. Voice and text prompts guide users through the defibrillation process. 150 Joules non-escalating, preset energy level
- Paddles (optional). Anterior/anterior adult paddles convert to pediatric by removing the outer contacts
- Multi-function Defibrillator Pads. Adult and pediatric pads for defibrillation, ECG monitoring, pacing, and synchronized cardioversion
Philips HeartStart XL Defibrillator Specifications
- Dimensions: 14 3/4″ W x 13 2/3″ L x 7 1/2″ H
- Gross Weight: 13.3 lbs
- Type: LCD – TFT
- Size: 4 1/3″ x 3 1/3″
- Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
- Sweep Speed: 29 mm/s nominal
- Viewing Time: 4 seconds
- Type: 2 Ah, 12V, rechargeable, Sealed Lead Acid
- Weight: 1.4 lbs
- Charge Time: 3 hours to 90%, 14.5 hours to 100%
- Capacity: 100 minutes ECG monitoring or 50 full-energy discharges or 75 minutes ECG monitoring while pacing (with a new, fully charged battery at room temperature, 77 ºF)
- Indicator: LOW BATTERY message appears on display when at least 10 minutes of monitoring time and 5 maximum energy discharges remain
- Storage: Should not be stored above 104 ºF for extended periods of time
- Charger Output: Unit can be operated using only AC Power, with no battery installed.
The Philips HeartStart XL Defibrillator records a patient summary in either mode of operation. Patient data such as continuous ECG, shocks and alarm violations are stored in the unit’s internal memory. Downloading and reporting data is available by using a data card. The Event Review Pro data management system allows authorized users to edit, store, and print reports.
Philips HeartStart XL Defibrillator Standard Accessories
- Sealed Lead Acid Battery
- Hands-Free Multifunction Defib Electrode Cable
- ECG Patient Cable (3 lead)
- Disposable Monitoring Electrodes (5)
- Rolls of printer paper (2)
- Instructions for Use
- Quick Reference Card
- User Training Workbook
- Test Load
- AC Power Cord
Data Management and Reporting
All patient data, including continuous ECG and events (i.e., shock and alarms), are stored in the internal memory of Philips HeartStart XL Defibrillator and on an optional data card. When used with Philips HeartStart Event Review data management software, users can edit, store, and print reports required for quality control and reporting.
There are no reviews yet.