Showing all 6 results
Adscope 658 Electronic Stethoscope$475.00
Littman Classic 2 SE Stethoscope$195.00
Clear Sound Betty Boop Nurse Edition Stethoscope$150.00
DTS Professional Stethoscope$99.00
ADC Proscope 640 Stethoscope$20.00
ADC Adscope-Lite Platinum Edition 612 Stethoscope
Stethoscopes For Sale
New and Used Stethoscopes are for Sale at The Dr’s Toy Store. Buy Stethoscopes now for the Best prices.
What are Stethoscopes?
The stethoscope is an acoustic medical device that is used for auscultation or listening to the internal sounds of an animal or human body. Usually, the stethoscope has a small disc-shaped resonator that is placed on the chest and two tubes connected to the earpieces.
It is often used to listen to lung and heart sounds. It is also used to listen to the intestine and blood flow in the arteries and veins. When combined with a sphygmomanometer, it is usually used to measure blood pressure.
How Stethoscopes works
In simple words, the stethoscope has a small piece of round metal covered with a piece of plastic. A piece of metal is called a stethoscope chest piece. A plastic is called a diaphragm. When you put a stethoscope on the chest of an individual, the sound vibrates with the diaphragm.
This sound travels through the metal tubes of the stethoscope and to the ears of users. So, when asking about how does the stethoscope work? Simply put, it works by vibrating the sound to the doctor’s ear and amplifying the sound.
Where to use a stethoscope
Stethoscopes used in hospitals are often used to listen to sounds of the lungs and hearts. It is also used to listen to the intestine and blood flow in the arteries and veins. In combination with a sphygmomanometer, it is usually used to measure blood pressure.
Below are some stethoscopes and their features
1. Adscope 658 Electronic Stethoscope
Created as an economical alternative to similar models, the AdScope 658 electronic stethoscope is enhanced to 18x and works with all patients, including children. The tightened acoustic seal reduces noise and external noise, and the appropriate controls of the buttons allow you to adjust the volume and frequency. The intuitive stethoscope powers on instantly when it detects use, shut off completely after three idle minutes, and lasts for up to 400 three-minute exams on a full charge.
- Amplified up to 18x
- Piezopolymer film microphone picks up sounds only when activated by contact to eliminate higher-frequency background noises that typically interfere with auscultation
- Tight acoustic seal minimizes sound loss and interference from external noise
- Adjustable frequency mode (bell or diaphragm) and the volume (eight levels)
- Powers on instantly and remain on and backlit while the unit detects a use
2. Littman Classic 2 SE Stethoscope
The Littmann Classic II S.E. Stethoscope is a reliable and effective clinical tool for physically assessing and monitoring your patients. It is a choice of millions of health care providers who are trying to achieve the best results for patients.
The Littmann Classic II S.E. stethoscope is a true clinical working machine, providing high acoustic sensitivity thanks to a two-sided pavilion of stainless steel; with a flexible diaphragm on the one hand and a traditional bell on the other. Classical II S. E. stethoscope is utilized by students and health professionals to identify listen to and learn the heart of the sounds, lungs and other sounds of the body for physical evaluation and diagnosis.
3. ADC proscope 640 stethoscope
The ADC Proscope 640 Sprague Stethoscope (#640BK) is designed to offer unrivaled acoustic sensitivity, incomparable durability and unparalleled comfort. This black stethoscope comes complete with a bag containing the bell chestpieces, chestpiece key, two spare diaphragms, and one pair of silicone eartips.
ADC Proscope 640 Sprague Stethoscope Features:
- Threaded chestpiece drum of chrome plated zinc permits the use of five interchangeable chestpiece fittings – an adult and pediatric diaphragm, and three bells (1 1/4″, 1″, and 3/4″).
- Proprietary valve mechanism eliminates acoustic leakage.
- Adjustable aluminum binaurals.
- Inspected and packaged in the U.S.A.
- Traditional 16″ double tube configuration.
- Not made with natural rubber latex.
Best Stethoscopes Brands
Below are the lists of best Stethoscopes brands that are available for purchase at Dr’s Toy Store:
- Clear Sound