Leica CM1850 Cryostat
The Leica CM1850 Cryostat has proven to regarded as one of the most reliable cryostats in the industry. Intended for cutting frozen sections of standard and non-standard materials, the Leica CM 1850 is designed to rapidly freeze material in a temperature controlled environment.
Several features of The Leica CM1850 Cryostat includes a specimen quick freezing shelf that cools to -45℃ with storage space for up to 10 specimen disks. Also features a two speed motorized coarse feed that moves specimen towards or away from the knife holder. The slower the forward speed used in conjunction with a rocking motion of the hand wheel permits the operator to quickly trim away excess material and achieve full face of the specimen.
The Leica CM1850 allows section thickness ranging from 1 to 60µm and has a precision crafted spindle feed and roller bearing slide for precise sectioning qualities. Also features a built in enclosed drain system that greatly reduces the chance of spreading infectious agents through out the workspace. The microtome removes easily for quick cleaning and can be either set for low or high profile blades.
Leica CM1850 Cryostat
The Leica CM1850 cryostat’s design incorporates the proven excellent features of its predecessor, the Leica CM1800, but additional emphasis was placed on power saving, increased efficiency and operator safety. A new insulation technology leads power savings of approximately 10% compared to conventional heat insulation systems. This new feature enhances the durability of the refrigerating system and ensures stable cryochamber temperatures, even when operating in unfavorable environmental conditions in the lab such as high humidity.
- Ideal for traditional pathology applications
- Great for Mohs surgery
- Spacious Cryochamber with heated sliding window
- Enhanced insulation for better temperature control
- Rapid specimen freezing
- Ergonomic knife holder
- Easy to understand control panel
- Course feed display panel
- Easy to clean and disinfect
- Chamber temperature down to –35 °C
- Actively cooled quick freeze shelf with Peltier unit for freezing down to –60 °C.
- Power-saving refrigeration system
- Splash-protected microtome
- Motorized coarse feed at two speeds
- Smooth specimen orientation with automatic centering
- Automatic and manual chamber defrost cycles
- Manual quick freeze shelf defrost cycle
- Ergonomic design with convenient foot rest
- Compact dimensions
- Efficient service and maintenance concept
There are no reviews yet.