What is Cynosure Smartlipo MPX?
Cynosure Smartlipo MPX is a non-surgical body contouring treatment used to get rid of stubborn fat in different body areas. This cutting-edge technology is like liposuction, but it makes use of two types of laser energy to eliminate fat and tighten skin. Cynosure Smartlipo MPX is so powerful that it can liquefy large amount of fat in just a single procedure, resulting in more dramatic results.
How does Cynosure Smartlipo MPX Work?
This minimally invasive procedure promotes laser-assisted lipolysis (fat breakdown) in different body areas such as the abdomen, arms, thighs, love handles, and buttocks, resulting in permanent fat removal. During a Cynosure Smartlipo MPX treatment, a laser fiber is inserted through a very small tube into the patient’s target body area. Sequential firing of two laser wavelengths is then performed to precisely target both the fat and water in the deep subcutaneous fat layer. This ultimately ruptures the fat cell membranes and destroys them permanently. The fat cells then change to liquid form, which is gently removed through suctioning. Aside from fat removal, Cynosure Smartlipo MPX treatment also has the added benefit of improving skin elasticity and appearance by increasing the production of collagen and elastin, which are proteins necessary for skin regeneration.
What are the Advantages of Cynosure Smartlipo MPX over Traditional Liposuction?
There are several reasons that make Cynosure Smartlipo MPX effective over traditional liposuction. This includes the following:
- Provides uniform, safe, and effective results: By using two wavelengths: 1064nm and 1320nm (can be used independently or can be blended), the treatment provides uniform and effective results with lower risk of complications.
- Prevents dimpling and sagging skin: Traditional liposuction is highly associated with dimpling and sagging skin. Cynosure Smartlipo MPX significantly lowers the risk of these conditions because it tightens the skin through coagulation, a process in which laser-induced temperature elevation causes soft tissue coagulation in the treatment area. This ultimately results in collagen remodeling in the deep dermis, smoothing out wrinkles and sagging skin.
- Treatment is compatible with almost all body areas: Unlike traditional liposuction which is not recommended for delicate and intimate areas, Cynosure Smartlipo MPX is an excellent therapeutic option for treating pockets of fatty tissue in the face, breasts, back, neck, knees, pubic area, and other body areas.
- No downtime: Because Cynosure Smartlipo MPX does not cause significant trauma to the treatment area, the incidence of bruising, swelling, and bleeding is low. Though mild redness is an expected clinical outcome, it usually resolves after a few hours and patients can resume their work and daily routine.
- Quicker to perform: Unlike traditional liposuction that takes several hours to perform, Cynosure Smartlipo MPX only takes about 45 minutes to complete.
Who are the Ideal Candidates for Cynosure Smartlipo MPX Treatment?
For better clinical outcome, doctors recommend the following patients for the treatment:
- Men or women with pockets of stubborn fat that do not respond to proper diet and regular exercise.
- Patients within 20 to 25 pounds of their ideal body weight.
- Obese or overweight patients who are not recommended to undergo traditional liposuction techniques.
- Patients without immune or bleeding disorders.
- Patients with realistic expectations regarding the procedure.
- Patients who are willing to adhere to a healthy lifestyle after the treatment.
- System Type: Nd:Yag
- Wavelength: 1064nm / 1320nm
- Power Width: 150mS / 12mS
- Pulse Output Options: 20W / 12W
- Aiming Beam: Red
- Electrical Spcifications: 230 Vac, 16A
- Size: 37.4′ x 19.7′ x 25.6′
- Weight: 220 lbs