Medela Basic Suction Pump
Medela suction pumps can be used for various applications in hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, clinics and doctors’ practices: general surgery, liposuction, endoscopy, wound drainage and any other application where a reliable and precise suction source is needed. With its extremely reliable piston/cylinder technology, the Basic ensures a rapid vacuum build-up and delivers high suction capacity at all times.
The Basic ensures a working environment that allows for concentration because of its low noise level resulting from very low rotation speed. The membrane vacuum regulator developed by Medela assures a rapid vacuum build up and precise vacuum setting. The portable rack model fits ideally into most endoscopy towers and has a practical handle for carrying.
Medela Basic Suction Pump Features
- Flow rates can be selected intuitively at the touch of a button. A simple touch delivers increased performance or reduces the noise level.
- The smooth, single-piece hood design facilitates cleaning, and the materials can withstand potent disinfection agents. The CleanTouch on/off button on the housing lets the person operating the pump switch it on and off with a simple touch: there are no gaps or grooves, which means there is less risk of contamination.
- Rapid vacuum build-up.
- Whisper-quiet operation reduces distraction during surgery.
- The rounded design, soft edges and CleanTouch on/off button reduce the time needed for routine cleaning.
- The pump can be conveniently placed in endoscopy towers, at the patient’s bedside or in the operating theater as a rack, portable suction unit or mobile version.
- Swiss precision and quality parts make the Basic a reliable device for all suctioning needs.
Providing reliable and simple suction, hygienically. The Basic pump is a reliable and simple suction pump available for all applications in the hospital, clinic or doctor’s practice that require a high-vacuum setting, including endoscopy, airway suction, vacuum assisted cesarean/delivery and wound drainage.
Keeping it simple. In developing the Basic suction pump, Medela strived for simplicity. Turn the pump on with either the foot switch integrated into the trolley or by touching the button on the housing. Adjust the vacuum with the intuitive membrane vacuum regulator. Optional accessories can be attached to meet your needs. Simplified inner construction minimizes the effort required for routine checks, saving costs.
Working when and how it should. Medela’s Swiss ingenuity has led to the long lifetime for which our pumps are renowned. Company know-how, durable materials, and an intelligent configuration all contribute to the reliability of the Basic suction pump.
Addressing hygienic concerns. Hygiene concerns influenced both the design and functionality of the Basic suction pump and its optional accessories. Medela paid close attention to the location and design of operating elements in order to reduce
potential contamination risks.
Medela Basic Suction Pump Applications
The Medela Basic Suction Pump is an efficient and versatile suction pump for surgical suction, endoscopic suction in a variety of settings:
- Medical practices
- Operating room
- Delivery room/suite
- Hospital wards
- Emergency departments
The Suction Pump ensures a rapid vacuum build-up and delivers high suction capacity at all times. This is due to its extremely reliable piston/cylinder technology. Provides a working environment that allows for concentration because of its low noise level resulting from very low rotation speed. The Medela Basic Suction Pump can be combined with a multitude of original Medela accessories, allowing the user to adapt the pump to specific needs.
Versatile and adaptable to your individual needs – Medela Basic Suction Pump is available in different models as the rack, portable and mobile suction pump. The compact rack size fits into most endoscopy towers. To allow you to configure the system to best comply with your specific needs, Medela offers a wide range of accessories, including the Disposable or the Reusable Collection System, foot vacuum regulator, tubings, filters and clamp holders. All accessories can be easily fitted to the rail of the pump and are readily at hand whereby offering the user a complete system.
Medela Basic Suction Pump Specifications
- High Vacuum: -90 kPa / -675 mmHg
- High Flow: 30 L/min
- Electrical Info: 100 – 240 V | 60 Hz | 110 W
- Dimensions: 12″ W x 11″ D x 15″ H
- Weight: 21 lbs
There are no reviews yet.