Welch Allyn SureSight Vision Screener
The Welch Allyn Suresight Vision Screener is reliable, early detector of vision problems. SureSight Vision Screener has embedded software that compares the test data to built-in referral criteria.
SureSight is an objective, accurate, affordable vision test that ensures reliable early detection of refractive error, the primary vision disorder in children. Early detection improves outcomes and reduces treatment duration. SureSight is a child-friendly, portable, affordable device that lets you test patients – including young children and adults – anytime, anywhere. Carry it from room to room, to your waiting area, even offsite.
SureSight Vision Screener provides “asterisk” (*) in child mode (to alert the practitioner to “outside of normal” results).
Child-friendly – SureSight Vision Screener’s lights and sounds engage the child’s attention.
Fast and efficient – Five-second, automatic test addresses compliance problems and makes testing easier—no more five-minute eye chart checks!
Objective – Automatically measures and indicates abnormal readings*—no provider interpretation is required. Addresses eye chart’s sensitivity and specificity problems.
Automatic and nonintrusive – Screen with one-button touch from 14 inches (35 cm) away.
No patient response – Minimal cooperation is required, making it ideal for use with young children and when there is a language barrier.
Complete, precise refractive information – Automatically screens for common vision problems, including near- and farsightedness (myopia/hyperopia), astigmatism (asymmetrical focus), and anisometropia (unequal power between eyes).
Breakthrough technology – Welch Allyn’s proprietary technology ensures speed and accuracy, addressing problems associated with eye chart screening.
Welch Allyn Suresight Vision Screener Features
- Five-second, automatic test makes patient compliance easier
- Lights and sounds engage child’s attention
- Measures and indicates abnormal readings automatically—no provider interpretation required
- Operates at a non-threatening 14 inches (35 cm) distance
- Minimal cooperation is necessary, making it equally effective for children, disabled patients and those with a language barrier
- Screens for common vision problems, including near- and farsightedness (myopia / hyperopia), astigmatism (asymmetrical focus) and anisometropia (unequal power between eyes)
Welch Allyn Suresight Vision Screener Specifications
- Data acquisition time: 2.4 sec / eye
- Data acquisition: Measures and averages 5 to 8 readings / eye
- Repeatability measure: Indicates number of, and variation among, measurements for the given eye
- Weight: 2.0 lbs (0.9 kg)
- Working distance: 14 inches (35 cm)
- Battery life: More than 3 hours of continuous usage
- Low-battery indicator: Indicates 15 minutes’ usage remains
- Technology: Welch Allyn proprietary autorefractor hardware / algorithm
- Remote infrared link to thermal printer
- RS-232 interface for IBM-compatible PC for future software upgrades
- Distance detection: Automatic, with audible and visual cues
- Eyepiece: Illuminated target for easy aiming
- Stand: Compact charger and storage