Abbott i-STAT 1 System
The fully automated Abbott i-STAT 1 System offers a broad menu of tests for diagnostic and treatment indicators related to disease state management and clinical practice guidelines. Using just 2 or 3 drops of blood, the system provides time-sensitive tests at the patient’s bedside in just minutes.
The Abbott i-STAT 1 System delivers lab-accurate testing for
- Blood Gases
- Cardiac Markers
Abbott i-STAT 1 System Features
Provides a patient-centric approach to health-care accelerating the decision-making by reducing the time to get needed information to the clinicians.
System efficiency is optimized by eliminating process steps and hand-offs to help reducing the incidence of errors and promoting patient safety.
Supports quality and compliance requirements that complement the vital services that laboratory professionals provide to patients and their caregivers.
Leverages the power of a single, integrated bedside testing solution through:
- rather than multiple systems and protocols this is a single testing system
- lab-quality bedside testing is standardized
- a comprehensive menu of tests
- easy training, implementation and regulatory requirements
- portable, lightweight and easy to use
Positive Patient ID
- The Abbott i-STAT 1 System helps ensuring proper patient identification using admission, discharge, and transfer (ADT) information, allowing the i-STAT handheld to display the patient’s name, birth-date, and gender
- Promotes compliance with The Joint Commission’s National Patient Safety Goal #1: improve the accuracy of patient identification
- Advances patient safety by reducing risk of patient testing errors and adverse events due to patient ID mistakes – shown to occur in 1 of every 18 cases
Abbott i-STAT 1 System Specifications
- Dimensions: 3″ W x 9-1/4″ L x 2-3/4″ H
- 650 grams (22.9 oz) with rechargeable batteries
- 635 grams (22.4 oz) with disposable batteries
- Power: (2) 9-volt lithium batteries or rechargeable battery
- Calibration Factory: electronic, mechanical, thermal, pressure
- Memory/Clock Backup Power: Lithium battery
- Display: Dot matrix supertwist liquid crystal
- Communication Link: Infrared light-emitting diode (LED)
- Operating Temperature: 61 °F – 86 °F for i-STAT cartridge testing
- Transporting Temperature: 14 °F – 115 °F
- Relative Humidity: 90% (maximum) non-condensing
- Barometric Pressure: 300 – 850 mmHg
The Abbott i-STAT 1 System complements the clinical laboratory’s efforts by providing lab-quality results for the most commonly used tests while improving efficiency throughout the continuum of care.