Arthrocare ENT Coblator II Surgery System
The ArthroCare ENT Coblator II Surgery System is designed for ablation, resection, and coagulation of soft tissue and hemostasis of blood vessels in otorhinolaryngology (ENT) surgery. Using patented Coblation technology, the system dissolves tissue at the molecular level in a highly-controlled manner with minimal thermal effect on surrounding tissue. In addition to a wide selection of Plasma Wands designed for specific ENT surgical applications, the complete system is composed of a Coblator II controller, a flow control valve unit and cable, a foot control unit, and a hospital-grade power cord.
ArthroCare COBLATION products are designed to operate in both ablation and coagulation modes, which result in different tissue effects.
Ablation mode – As the Controller settings increase from 1 to 9 in the COBLATION mode, the performance of the Wand transitions from a thermal effect to ablative effect through the creation and intensity of plasma. When the Controller setting increases, the plasma field increases in size, and thermal effect decreases accordingly.
Coagulation mode – All COBLATION Wands can operate in Coag mode for hemostasis. The bipolar nature of the Wand sends energy through the desired tissue, coagulating the blood vessels through a resistive heating process.
Arthrocare ENT Coblator II Surgery System Features
- Coblate / Ablate and Coagulation functions
- Efficient tissue ablation during ENT surgical procedures
- Bipolar coagulation for achieving efficient hemostasis
- Compact design with integrated flow control unit and foot pedal
- Easy system setup and operation
Arthrocare ENT Coblator II Surgery System Specifications
- Controller Input
- Power: 90 – 120 VAC
- Frequency: 50 – 60 Hz
- RMS Current: Max 8 A
- Fuse Rating: T8 Amps 250 V for 120 V
- Controller Output
- Fundamental Frequency: 100 kHz
- Voltage Range: 0 – 300 V rms @ 100 kHz
- Power: Max 400 W @ 250 Ω
- Operation temperature: 10 °C – 40 °C
- Controller Dimensions: 16″ W x 17 2/3″ D x 5 1/4″
- Controller Weight: 22 lbs
- Flow Control Valve Dimensions: 4 1/3″ W x 8 2/3″ D x 3 1/2″ H
- Flow Control Valve Weight: 2.2 lbs
- Flow Control Cable Overall length: 14.7 ft